Monday, November 21, 2011

Little things

So far so good. I feel really very lucky right now to be experiencing little to no symptoms of pregnancy as of yet other than the occasional wave of nausea and throwing up just twice since finding out I'm pregnant. I have however experienced some weirdness in the past couple of days that I thought I would note in here. One, driving/riding in a car seems to be not good at all. It leaves me feeling dizzy, sick and just gross.Also, last night, on the way home from being gone all weekend, for no apparent reason when talking very calmly about plans for what we need to look at (aka finances) before the baby comes, I burst in to tears without warning and hyperventilated to the point that Josh had to pull over so that I could get some air. I didn't feel sad or upset, it just happened and then almost as quickly, it was over. First significant hormone-y mood shift? I think so! Looking forward to more of that, yeah right :) I've also been incredibly dizzy and nauseated today without much let up. Exhausted. Super exhausted. Other than that, doing well and moving into the 10 week!

Thanksgiving will be 10 weeks and that is when I believe we are going to announce it to everyone (i.e. Facebook). I wanted to (and probably should) wait a little longer, but there has been many almost slip-ups and I don't want to worry about that. I just want to get it out there and let people know. I hope and pray something doesn't happen and I don't also have to announce that. I'm always praying that God will want us to have this baby and that it will be healthy. I'm also going to cut my friends list down. MAJORLY.

I'm reading a lot and have signed up for newsletters and all kinds of stuff that overload me on a daily basis with what I should and should not be doing/expecting. Looking at baby names, since if it's a boy, we have zero names we are able to agree on right now and the girls' name I've had picked out since I was 15 years old is now a variation of the #1 most popular girls name right now (thanks, Twilight). My heart is set on Isabel. Not Isabella or Bella, but Isabel. I'm sure she would be Isabel S. out of 5 girls in each class in school, but I just can't shake it. It was going to be Isabel Sophia, but Sophia happens to be #2 on the most popular list, so we are scratching that. I'd like the middle name for a boy to be after one of my host brothers from the DR, either Luis (Louis) or Fran (Frank). My due date is right in between both of their birthdays, which I think is awesome :) Shantel is the name of my host sister, who I also love and I love her name. I just want the names to mean something, so I'm going to get a list of family names and go from there.

That's all for now. I'm off to my mandated 10pm bedtime that I look so forward to every night. Thankful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment